Get Schedule and Pricing Other Adobe Photoshop training courses
Adobe Photoshop - Beyond Skin Deep with Lee Varis Training Course
A 3-day, full immersion course in digital photography with a special focus on portrait photography and digital darkroom techniques. You will learn a comprehensive system for managing, enhancing, retouching and archiving professional portrait photography. This workshop is based on material from Lee's best selling book "Skin : The Complete Guide to Digitally Lighting, Photographing, and Retouching Faces and Bodies" but examines color, retouching and other image enhancement techniques in greater detail.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Graphic Professionals who wish to take your photography to the next level with the latest looks for fashion and advertising and ensure the highest quality images for print.
Knowledge of your operating system and basic computer navigation is required for all classes. You will also need basic familiarity with Photoshop. Before coming to the course. In addition to your own digital Single Lens Reflex camera, you will need to bring two portable hard drives (with cables) of 250 to 500 gb capacity each. You'll be expected to know the basics on how to work your own camera and be able to shoot in "manual" mode. You'll also need basic familiarity with Photoshop. You are encouraged to bring a number of your own images to work on in class. It is suggested (but not required) that you take the Mastering Exposure class first as it provides a solid foundation for expanding your digital photography skills. It will make learning some of the Beyond Skin Deep skills easier to learn.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Analyzing Skin color and tone
- Color Corrections
- Advanced image enhancement
- Photoshop Lightroom workflow setup
Class time is 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. Breaks are scheduled throughout the day and lunch is typically scheduled 12-1. Students provide their own lunch.
We have training centers in Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also offer classes at a network of rental facilities. We offer private onsite training and instructor-led, live online training. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
Sterling Ledet and Associates realizes the importance of education and we take pride in being able to offer you classes that are more custom fit to your needs. Call us at (877) 819-2665 if you have any special questions or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please fill out our registration form and fax it to us at (312) 896-9094.
- Analyzing Skin Color and Tone. Introduction to a "color by the numbers" approach to ensuring ideal skin tone rendering, introducing basic curves correction in Photoshop.
- Calibrating for Best Skin Tones. You will shoot test images to use in developing a custom camera profile for Lightroom/ACR then learn how to use Adobe's DNG Editor to create custom skin calibration profiles to adjust for common skin color defects.
- Photoshop Lightroom Workflow Setup. You will learn how to setup a Lightroom catalog and organize your shooting assignments for maximum efficiency. You'll create a collection for your camera tests, create a metadata template and camera default settings and keyword your photos. You'll learn other methods for importing images into your catalog and develop a comprehensive image organization system.
- Basic Image Prep. You'll learn image enhancements in Lightroom, endpoint adjustments, white balance, Fill-Light & Recovery, basic color, contrast and noise reduction in preparation for final work in Photoshop.
- Color Correction. You'll work along with Lee and the other people in the class with step-by-step color correction on a number of example images designed to develop skills for a variety of portrait situations.
- Retouching. You will learn basic and advanced techniques for both male and female subjects. Natural, beauty and fashion retouching will be covered on a number of example images. You will then apply techniques learned to you own images.
- Advanced Image Enhancement. You'll lean special techniques for enhancing portraits including luminosity blending, HDR toning, Cross-Process effects, B&W, split toning and illustrative effects.
- Finalizing the image for print - You'll get real-world, hands-on experience working on your own images to set final end-points, color "by the numbers" and sharpen for final prints. You'll build a custom print template in Lightroom and make a "print-to-file" jpeg.
- Final wrap up/Review - You'll get an opportunity to have your own questions answered, listen to questions from other professionals attending your workshop, have your images evaluated, back up all the work you've done, and participate in a discussion of all of the techniques learned. You can elect to stay for an optional final dinner depending on your travel schedule.
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.