Get Schedule and Pricing Other Autodesk Moldflow training courses
Autodesk Moldflow Insight Advanced Cool and Warp Training Course
Moldflow Insight Advanced Cool and Warp Training Schedule
Moldflow Insight Advanced Cool and Warp Training Course Synopsis
You will learn to become more efficient at creating digital prototypes, running analyses and interpreting the results of most of the analysis types available in the Premium package.
Prerequisites for this Moldflow Insight Advanced Cool and Warp Training Course
Moldflow Insight Basic Training Course and Modflow Insight Productivity or equivalent should be completed prior to taking this course. Solving cooling and warpage problems requires a strong knowledge of polymer flow that the two classes provide.
What you will learn in Insight Advanced Cool and Warp Training Course
- Procedures for determining how cores and inserts move within a mold.
- The importance of the analysis and workflows of fiber filled materials.
- The cooling process for injection molds.
- What is required to model a cooling system for analysis?
- How to model cooling systems.
- Techniques for analyzing the cooling performance of injection molds.
- Techniques for optimizing the cooling of injection molds.
- An overview of warpage for injection molded parts.
- How part and mold design decisions influence part warpage.
- An overview of the warpage process.
- How to determine the magnitude of part warpage.
- How to analyze the cause of part warpage.
- Techniques and tools used to reduce part warpage.
Moldflow Insight Advanced Cool and Warp Training Course Length and Time
This class is 4 days long. Class time is 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. Breaks are scheduled throughout the day and lunch is typically scheduled 12-1. Students provide their own lunch.
Enrollment in Moldflow Insight Advanced Cool and Warp Training Course
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
Moldflow Insight Advanced Cool and Warp Training Course Locations
We have training centers in Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also offer classes at a network of rental facilities. We offer private onsite training and instructor-led, live online training. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
Goals for Moldflow Insight Advanced Cool and Warp Training Course
Sterling Ledet and Associates realizes the importance of education and we take pride in being able to offer you classes that are more custom fit to your needs. Call us at (877) 819-2665 if you have any special questions or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lesson 1 - Core Shift Analysis
- Why run a core shift analysis?
- Core shift analysis capabilities
- License requirements
- How a core shift analysis works
- Core modeling requirements
- Core (3D) properties
- Core creation
- Modeling a core used with a cooling analysis
- Setting up a core shift analysis
- Reviewing results for a core shift analysis
Lesson 2 - Fiber Flow Analysis
- What is a fiber flow analysis?
- Fillers and Fibers
- Results from a fiber flow analysis
- Using the fiber orientation results
- Material property requirements
- Assumptions for a fiber flow analysis
- Using a fiber flow analysis
Lesson 3 - Cooling Overview
- Why optimize cooling
- Cycle time definitions
- Heat transfer in injection molding
- Cooling system performance
- Cooling lines
- Baffles and bubblers
Lesson 4 - Cooling Results Interpretation
- The objectives of a cooling analysis
- Cooling analysis types
- Result classification
- Key Results
- Secondary results
Lesson 5 - Cooling Analysis Modeling Requirements
- What can be modeled
- Mesh density requirements for cooling components
Lesson 6 - Modeling Cooling Components
- Modeling mold components
- Coolant inlets
- Importing cooling channels
- User defined mold material databases
Lesson 7 - Cooling Analysis Strategies
- Cooling analysis objectives
- Defining the cycle time
- Running a cooling analysis
- Optimizing the cooling system
Lesson 8 - Cooling Optimization
- How to optimize the cooling system
- Order of optimization
Lesson 9 - Warpage Overview
- Cause of warpage
- Factors affecting shrinkage
- Shrinkage variants causing warpage
- Shrinkage prediction models
- Shrinkage testing
- Which shrinkage prediction model should be used?
Lesson 10 - Design Influences on Warpage
- Contributors to warpage
- Part design
- Mold design
- Processing conditions
Lesson 11 - Warpage Analysis Process
- Optimize filling
- Balance and size the runners
- Optimize cooling
- Packing optimization
- Warpage analysis
- Midplane and Dual Domain shrinkage model selection
- Accounting for asymmetry
- Analysis sequence
Lesson 12 - Determine the Magnitude of Warpage
- Determine the Magnitude of Warpage
- Midplane model analysis
- Dual Domain mesh analysis
- 3D mesh analysis
- Warp results interpretation
Lesson 13 - Determine the Cause of Warpage
- Causes of warpage
- Midplane model analysis
- Dual Domain model analysis
- 3D model analysis
- Review Results
Lesson 14 - Reducing Warpage
- How to reduce warpage
- Reducing differential cooling
- Reducing differential shrinkage
- Reducing orientation effects
- Material data
- Corner effects
- Changing variables
- Stiffen the part
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.