Get Schedule and Pricing Other Autodesk Revit training courses
Autodesk Revit BIM Management for Architecture, Structure, and MEP Training Course
Revit BIM Management for Architecture, Structure, and MEP Training Schedule
Revit BIM Management for Architecture, Structure, and MEP Training Course Synopsis
In this class you will expand your knowledge in setting up office standards with templates that include annotation styles, preset views, sheets, and schedules, as well as creating custom element types and families.
Prerequisites for this Revit BIM Management for Architecture, Structure, and MEP Training Course
Students should be comfortable with the fundamentals of Autodesk Revit. Knowledge of basic techniques is assumed, such as creating standard element, copying and moving elements, and creating and working with views, etc. Information on Collaboration Tools, Conceptual Design, and Site and Structural Design are covered in additional courses.
What you will learn in Revit BIM Management for Architecture, Structure, and MEP Training Course
- Create custom templates with annotation styles, title blocks, and custom element types.
- Create schedules, including material takeoff schedules with formulas.
- Create custom wall, roof, and floor types.
- Set up a family file.
- Create family geometry.
- Create family types.
- Create specific families, including, in-place families, profiles, annotation, and shared parameters.
Revit BIM Management for Architecture, Structure, and MEP Training Course Length and Time
This class is 2 days long. Class time is 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. Breaks are scheduled throughout the day and lunch is typically scheduled 12-1. Students provide their own lunch.
Enrollment in Revit BIM Management for Architecture, Structure, and MEP Training Course
Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form.
Revit BIM Management for Architecture, Structure, and MEP Training Course Locations
We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also offer classes at a network of rental facilities. We offer private onsite training and instructor-led, live online training. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
Goals for Revit BIM Management for Architecture, Structure, and MEP Training Course
Sterling Ledet and Associates realizes the importance of education and we take pride in being able to offer you classes that are more custom fit to your needs. Call us at (877) 819-2665 if you have any special questions or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lesson 1 - Creating Custom Templates
- Preparing Project Templates
- Customizing Annotation Styles
- Creating Title Blocks
- View Templates
- Settings for Mechanical and Electrical Projects
- Settings for Structural Projects
Lesson 2 - Schedules
- Creating Schedules
- Graphical Column Schedules
- Advanced Schedule Options
- Creating Material Takeoff Schedules
Lesson 3 - Custom Walls, Roofs, & Sections
- Creating Wall, Roof, and Floor Types
- Adding Sweeps to Walls, Roofs, and Floors
- Vertically Compound Walls
- Vertically Stacked Walls
Lesson 4 - Family Concepts & Techniques
- Introduction to Creating Families
- Creating the Parametric Framework
- Creating Family Elements
- Additional Tools for Families
- Creating Family Types
- Visibility Display Settings
- Overview of Family Creation
Lesson 5 - Creating Specific Families
- Creating In-Place Families
- Creating Profiles
- Creating Annotation Families
- Working with Shared Parameters
Lesson 6 - Creating Architectural Specific Families
- Creating Custom Doors and Windows
- Creating Angled Cornices and Copings
- Creating Custom Railings
- Families for Railings, Balusters, and Panels
Lesson 7 - Creating MEP Specific Families
- Creating a Pipe Fitting Flange
- Upgrading an Architectural Plumbing Fixture to MEP
- Creating a Custom Lighting Fixture Family
- Creating a Data Device with Annotation
Lesson 8 - Creating Structural Specific Families
- Parametric Gusset Plate
- Creating a Slab Depression
- Column Stiffeners (In-Place Family)
- Creating a Built-Up Column
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.