Get Schedule and Pricing Other Drupal training courses
Drupal Training Schedule
Click here for a schedule of upcoming Drupal training classes.
Learn to set up, manage, and administer a Drupal Web site
- Drupal is a free, open source modular framework and content management system designed for content-managed Web sites
- Learn how to download Drupal, install the LAMP stack, and set up a site; no programming experience required
- Organize and create your site's content; apply templates, and get your first site up and running
- Use modules and third-party templates
Drupal Training Course Synopsis
- This class teaches you the fast, fun, and easy way to get started with Drupal. Even if you have no Drupal experience, you'll quickly learn how to download and install Drupal, set up your first content-managed site, apply templates, use modules, and more.
Drupal Training Course Length and Time
- This class is 2 days long. Class time is 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. Breaks are scheduled throughout the day and lunch is typically scheduled from 12-1. Students provide their own lunch.
What You Will Learn in This Drupal Class
- Steps for installing Drupal
- Dynamic things that Drupal can do to enhance your site
- Sensible guidelines for user registration
- How Drupal uses nodes
- All about modules
- Tips for creating blogs and forums
- How to keep themes, modules, and Drupal up to date
- Directions for building a storefront
- Please see our Enrollment Page (http://www.ledet.com/enroll) for our enrollment form. Please contact our Client Care Department at (877) 819-2665 for additional savings on our bootcamp classes or other specials.
Locations for This Drupal Course
- We have training centers in Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, Denver, San Diego and Washington DC. We also offer classes at a network of rental facilities. We offer private onsite training and instructor-led, live online training. If coming to a rental facility, please double-check the location of your class with our office to make sure you get to the right location.
Prerequisites for this Drupal Course
This class is appropriate for novice users of Drupal. We also recommend that you have the Drupal software before starting the class.
Lesson I: Getting Started with Drupal.
- The Big Picture.
- Getting and Installing Drupal.
- Essential Administration.
- Tackling User Management.
Lesson II: Your First Drupal Site.
- Creating Content: Pages and Stories.
- Managing Your Content.
- Changing Themes.
- Building Blocks and Managing Menus.
- Using Modules: Create a Site with a Blog and Forum.
Lesson III: Bending Drupal at Your Will.
- Advanced Administration.
- Customizing Themes.
Lesson IV: Taking Drupal to the Next Level.
- Creating a Robust Web Site.
- Developing an Image Gallery.
- Interacting with Other Sites.
- Building a Storefront.
Lesson V: The Part of Tens.
- Ten Must-Have Drupal Modules.
- Ten Places to Help You Do More with Drupal.
Our goal is to make sure your class meets your objectives, not ours. Therefore, all of our outlines are treated as guides to help steer the workshop. This outline does not guarantee that all the topics listed will be covered in the time allowed. The amount of material covered is based on the skill level of the student audience. We may change or alter course topics to best suit the classroom situation.