Ledet Expectations of Instructors
From Ledet Training Wiki
- Be professional at all times. Conduct yourself as if you are working in a corporate environment, even if you are teaching in a VILT online class from home.
- Be personal. Remember student names and use them.
- Be present and involved. Don't leave the classroom during exercises. Don't email, text, or take cell calls except on breaks or at lunch.
- Don't be too casual, even if some students are. Don't swear. Don't make jokes that could be offensive. Don't make comments on religion or politics.
- Don't criticize or make fun of students, even if they're not present, and even if other students are engaging in that sort of thing.
- Arrive 30-60 minutes before start for regular classes. Arrive 15 minutes early for VILT online classes. Get started on time.
- If you are running late and are unable to make it to a class at least 30 minutes before the class begins, please notify us at 770-414-5007. Otherwise, the work routine of many people is effected as we need to begin making plans for what we will do if you don't show up. Even if you know you are going to get there 5 minutes before class begins, we don't. Even if you pull it off and students don't complain, it will still cause a lot of unnecessary work and anxiety if you don't keep us in the loop. If we don't hear from you at least 30 minutes before class, we have to assume you may not be showing.
- Start class with introductions.
- Be available for questions after class ends.
- Breaks should be 10-15 minutes, one in the morning, one in the afternoon.
- Lunch should be one hour. Be on time or early when coming back from lunch. Get started on time.