Ledet Expectations of Instructors
From Ledet Training Wiki
Revision as of 02:57, 13 February 2011 by Sjledet
- Be professional at all times. Conduct yourself as if you are working in a corporate environment, even if you are teaching in a VILT online class from home.
- Be personal. Remember student names and use them.
- Be present and involved. Don't leave the classroom during exercises. Don't email, text, or take cell calls except on breaks or at lunch.
- Don't be too casual, even if some students are. Don't swear. Don't make jokes that could be offensive. Don't make comments on religion or politics.
- Don't criticize or make fun of students, even if they're not present, and even if other students are engaging in that sort of thing.
- Arrive 30-60 minutes before start for regular classes. Arrive 15 minutes early for VILT online classes. Get started on time.
- Start class with introductions.
- Be available for questions after class ends.
- Breaks should be 10-15 minutes, one in the morning, one in the afternoon.
- Lunch should be one hour. Be on time or early when coming back from lunch. Get started on time.