Get to Know Us
Teach with us!
Ledet Training uses LinkedIn to authenticate current and potential instructors. To access the instructor portal or to apply to become a instructor, please follow the link below to allow Ledet Training to authenticate you.
Introduction and Basics
- Ledet Training focuses on connecting the best software trainers with working professionals that need to quickly learn how to use a specific program.
- We ask that our trainers embrace our corporate culture which is based on Trust, Communication, Client Relationships, Positivity, Teamwork, Adaptability, Respect and Accountability
- We move at a fast pace and are in constant communication with our trainers regarding upcoming classes and version changes.
- We ask that trainers provide contact info, both cell phone and email to our Sales Team members so that we can finalize details of each class quickly
- Go to www.ledet.com and click the link at the bottom “Teach for Us” and complete the online instructor application. After completing the application, log-in to the Instructor Portal to view available classes.
- We ask that our trainers be professional & respectful in all interactions with our clients.
- Trainers are functioning as representatives and advocates for Ledet Training and should reinforce the Ledet culture in training classes.
- Our open enrollment classes typically run from 9am – 4pm, Monday – Friday. Our online classes typically run from 10am – 5pm Eastern Time. Each class day is about 6 hours long.
- Classes vary from 1 day to 5 days in length.
- We ask trainers to arrive 1 hour prior to class time to set up the classroom and computers on the first day of class.
- Many of our classes are taught using the courseware provided by the vendor, and may include training exercises that are used in class.
- Should courseware and class files not be available, trainers will be notified during the booking process, so appropriate planning can take place well before the start of class
- Trainers are encouraged to add additional exercises and demonstrations to the class based on the objectives that students list on their registration forms.
- We pay our trainers a daily rate for training. All expenses, such as plane tickets, car rentals, & hotel rooms should be included within the daily rate that is agreed to prior to the final booking of a class assignment.
- Adobe, AutoDesk, and Apple Certified Contract Trainers are able to negotiate higher daily rates than non-certified trainers.
- Trainers are expected to email an invoice after completing a class assignment. Please reference the Event ID number(s) on all invoices. Ledet’s Finance department will issue payment either via mailed check or ACH credit two weeks after the class completion.
- Ledet has Client Care Representatives that recruit clients/students into open enrollment classes. Take the time to introduce yourself to the CCR that covers your geography so she will know what classes you are able to teach.
- Trainers that deliver successful classes with high NPS scores metrics are considered first for future classes.
- Each trainer is expected to provide the Adobe Metrics that Matter survey, Apple Evaluations, or AutoDesk survey to the class participants during the last 30 minutes of the last day of a class.
- We ask trainers to step out of the classroom during that time so that students feel more comfortable giving honest feedback.
- PROMPT PAYMENT OF INVOICES IS DEPENDENT UPON US RECEIVING THESE EVALUATIONS.
- Student feedback is reviewed by the Ledet management team on a weekly basis. Kudos and coaching is provided via email and/or phone to trainers in a timely manner
- Know the subject matter and work through class exercises beforehand to work out any kinks in the curriculum. Review lynda.com, trainer guides, and other subject matter prior to the next teaching event
- Established Contract Trainers may be able to audit running classes at a reduced rate to learn new software and should inquire with the CCRs for availability.
- Ledet can provide assistance with trainers obtaining Adobe Certifications
- We recommend that you take the most recent available ACE exam for the product you teach (for example, InDesign). All available ACE exams can be found on the VUE website: http://www.vue.com/adobe/exams
- If you affiliate your certification with Ledet Training, our Director of Operations can provide you with a program promotional code with you which gives 50% off the exams
- After taking the exam, you would then need to complete the Instructor application - the ACI program information can be found on this page: http://www.adobe.com/go/trainingprovider
- You also will need to complete the application here: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/partnerportal/index.cfm?event=newacienrollment
- Ledet will then submit your information to Adobe and have you listed on the Partner portal and affiliated with us.
- Please be aware that all communications regarding cancellations and rescheduling requests by students or their managers must be in writing to the student’s Client Care Representative. If a student is a no-show or requests to leave early or arrive late to a class, please refer the student to the appropriate Client Care Rep and send a quick email to email@example.com.
- Our policy is to offer returning students unlimited retakes during A) the 12 month period following the completion of their initial class or B) until Ledet upgrades to a newer version of the specific software. Trainers are asked to refer all students back to their CCR for questions regarding retakes
Working with Ledet
- By default, we’ll send email to the address listed as the primary address on your LinkedIn account. However, if you would prefer that we correspond using another email address, just email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
- Mirror Monitoring Software / Middle monitors used in classrooms rather than a projector system
- Although there are no local Ledet employees onsite at locations other than the Corporate Office; client, trainer and IT support are only a phone call or email away.
- Our Instructors are responsible for classroom setup and student greeting
- As a vendor for SLA, our expectations are that you will ARRIVE AN HOUR BEFORE the class begins to ensure you have plenty of time to check and test the software and make sure the computers are set up for the class. In addition, our locations have the new iMacs which do not have CD-ROM drives. We suggest that you bring a thumb drive with your class files attached to the training class.
- Review the Trainer instructions included in your booking email
- Review the IT instructions attached to the trainer workstation in your assigned classroom
- Contact the Ledet Director of IT at our corporate office
- Comments and suggestions are always appreciated and should be sent back to your CCR
- Please speak to the Director of Operations at Ledet regarding any classes that you think should be added to the Ledet schedule
- Any Adobe, Apple, AutoDesk, or Google class that you are certified to teach or are in the process of becoming certified to teach
- Ledet Training does not record our classes for distribution
- All locations are under video surveillance and video may be reviewed by Ledet management as needed
- Students may request to audio or video record classes, which will be generally approved by Ledet management with instructor notification.
- Please always remember to remove/ uninstall from the desktops any downloaded lesson files and shortcuts.
- Please remember to clean the white board and remove any markers that are unusable. Empty coffee pots and make sure students place all trash in the cans. Make sure students do not leave items in the classroom.
- If you unplug equipment from the network or the electrical system, PLEASE REMEMBER TO PLUG IT BACK IN and make sure the classroom is the same as when you started the class.
- Please do NOT uninstall any software and please do NOT install any un-necessary software on the classroom computer systems.
- Please leave all computers powered on.
- During the booking process, Ledet Operations will discuss the courseware and class content with each trainer and will inform the trainer of the specific courseware that is being ordered for each class.
- Trainers are responsible for purchasing their own printed or eBook version of the courseware well in advance of a class start date in order to adequately prepare for class delivery.
- You will receive preliminary class rosters a few times before class, and then the final roster on the morning of the class. The roster is for your use to help you remember the student names and goals/objectives. Please check your roster at the beginning of each class. If you see anyone in the class who shows unpaid on the roster, please have them call the Finance Department before you let them into your class
- Certificates of completion will be emailed directly to the students on the day after the class ends.